School Supply List & Uniforms
School supply list
Highlighters (assorted colors)
Pens (black and blue)*
Binders (1.5 to 2 inches)
1 subject spiral notebooks*
Loose leaf college ruled paper*
USB Flash drive (at least 1GB)
Scientific calculator (TI-30XIIS)
3x5 index cards
*purchase as many as will be necessary for the school year
NOTE: Each student will receive a syllabus which will have in detail what is needed per course.
A Few Tips Before We Start
- Be aware that our lockers are only 9 inches wide when purchasing a book bag. They need to be stored during the day. Book bags are NOT permitted in the classrooms.
- A syllabus will come home the first week from every teacher. Please read them for specific details, sign and return to the appropriate teachers.
- Have students leave electronic devices at home. There are phones in classrooms if they need to contact home or if you need to contact them. DPS will not be held responsible/liable for any lost or damaged cell phone/electronic devices.
- “Dunbar Spirit Day” is every Friday. Please, wear your blue and white.
STUDENT IDs MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES
All Dunbar Early College High School will be required to wear the appropriate uniform for the school year 2018-19. We are asking for your support as we strive to continue to provide increased school safety. We believe having a uniform policy encourages our students to experience a greater sense of school identity and reduces school clothing costs.
Tops (All grades)
All tops: Shirts, sweaters & cardigans must have Dunbar Crest in the following colors - royal blue, black and white. No coats/jackets during school day.
Bottoms (All grades)
Khaki pants or shorts (must not be more than 2" above the knee and will only be permitted during Quarters 1&4)
Acceptable Attire (All grades)
Gym shoes, shoes with backs, boots (winter)
Unacceptable Attire (All grades)
- NO house shoes, slippers, sandals, flip-flops. ALL shoes must have backs.
- NO skirts
- NO hoodies, hats, scarves, headbands, bandanas, silk bonnets or shower caps (of any kind)
- NO sweatpants, basketball shorts, joggers, yoga pants, leggings, jeggings, cargo pants, tights, fishnet stockings
- Students are expected to wear attire that is appropriately sized to fit
- Pants are to be worn at the waist with a belt
- NO sagging, tattered, or ripped pants permitted
- NO alterations of uniforms are permitted