Risk Management Services
Phillip C. Bass, Director
Phone: (937) 542-3133
Risk Management Services manages injured DPS workers from an on-the-job injury to a return to regular duty. All permanent employees have the benefit of Continuation of Pay (COP) and Transitional Duty (TD) to allow the injured worker the opportunity to undergo medical treatment, physical therapy, transitional duty and on-site therapy.
Risk Management Services affects the resolution of physical safety issues by working with the Operations Safety Committee, Transportation Safety Committee and Building Safety Teams. The goal is to have Dayton Public Schools employees to become accident free.
Risk Management Services assists Dayton Public Schools in reducing its Bureau of Workers Compensation (BWC) costs by providing safety awareness training to employees, prompt documentation of accidents, preferred medical providers, and transitional duty when necessary.
PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW AFTER A WORK-RELATED INJURY:
- Immediately notify your supervisor of the injury.
- File an accident report online by CLICKING HERE.
- Seek medical treatment at Concentra (#228-8132) or Medwork (#449-0800).
- In emergency situations, call 911 or go to Good Samaritan Hospital or Miami Valley Hospital.
- Contact Risk Management at 542-3133 as soon as possible after receiving medical treatment or reporting the work-related injury.