Student Enrollment Center
115 S. Ludlow St.
Dayton, Ohio, 45402
Open Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 4 PM
Free Parking in lot behind building
NOTE: You must first MAKE AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE OR CALL (937) 542-5555
The Student Enrollment Center is a one-stop shop for registering your child at Dayton Public Schools. Your child will begin an exciting, educational adventure in a district with innovative academic offerings and enriched learning opportunities. Students are guided by dedicated teachers and a caring staff who are ready to help them succeed. But, to start your adventure, you must ENROLL!
- Visit the Online Student Registration
- Registration Hub - helpful information, including transfers, transportation, transcripts and records, and special needs
- Preschool page - all things for young learners
Bring along the necessary documents to complete the registration process quickly. Only a parent or legal guardian may register a student. A legal guardian must provide legal documentation of guardianship. Here are the documents you need whether you are new to the district or returning to Dayton Public Schools:
- Child's birth certificate
- Child’s shot records
Effective August 1, 2019, all Parent/Guardian(s) must provide a Primary AND Secondary Proof of Address for Enrollment and Change of Address. Listed below are the acceptable documents.
All documents listed below must include the custodial parent/legal guardian's:
-First and Last Name
-Dated within 60 days of parent’s visit to the Student Enrollment Center or Assigned School
-NO Secondary Proof of Address is needed if the Lease Agreement is issued within 60 days
PRIMARY PROOF OF ADDRESS
-Lease Agreement (must include landlord and tenant signatures)
-Mortgage Statement (dated within 60 days)
-Proof of Purchase
-Property Tax Bill
SECONDARY PROOF OF ADDRESS (must be within 60 days)
-Utility Bill (Water, Electric, Gas, Propane, Cable)
-Change of Address
-Documentation on Employer’s Letterhead verify address
-Job & Family Services Documentation
-Social Security Statement
-Shelter LetterParent’s valid photo I.D. that includes his/her signature (must not be expired)
4. Proof of grade level (report card, progress report, transcript, withdrawal form)
5. Custody documentation (if applicable-custody given by court that is court-stamped and signed by magistrate or judge, or custody given by accredited agency. The state of Ohio does not recognize a notarized statement for custody.)
6. Child care provider’s name, address and phone number (grades K-8 only)
other helpful tools
- Child Care Provider Forms: add, delete or change a child care provider.
- A Parent/legal guardian must show photo ID when submitting the form at the child's assigned school.
- Transportation is provided to/from child care provider within 1.5 miles of assigned school. You will be notified of bus stop information within five days.
- Change of Address Form: advise child's school of new address. Forms are available during each school's summertime hours (call school to check on hours).
- Parent/guardian must bring valid photo ID including signature, and an address verification document (utility bill, lease agreement pay stub, etc.)
- Transportation is provided for elementary and middle school students who live within 1.5 miles of assigned school. You will be notified of route within five days.
- DPS does not provide transportation for high school students. If interested, contact the RTA to obtain the appropriate route schedule to your child’s high school. RTA offers special rates for high school passengers during school hours.